Brunel University London
Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH
Tel: +44 1895 265850
Fax: +44 1895 251686
Email: Yongmin.Li AT brunel.ac.uk
Dr. Yongmin Li received his PhD from Queen Mary, University of London, MEng and BEng from Tsinghua University, China. Before joining Brunel University, he worked as a research scientist in the British Telecom Laboratories. Dr. Li is a Senior Member of the IEEE, and Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
His research interest covers the areas of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, image processing, computer vision, video analysis, medical imaging, bio-imaging, biomedical engineering, healthcare technologies, automatic control and nonlinear filtering.
Together with his colleagues, their work has won the following awards:
- Most Influential Paper over the Decade Award, MVA, 2019 (with Andrzej Ruta, Fatih Porikli, Shintaro Watanabe, Hiroshi Kage and Kazuhiko Sumi).
- Best Student Paper Award, Bioimaging, 2018 (with Bashir Dodo, Khalid Eltayef and Xiaohui Liu).
- VC Prize, Brunel University, 2015 (with Djibril Kaba and Xiaohui Liu).
- Best Paper Award, HIS, 2012 (with Ana Salazar-Gonzalez and Djibril Kaba).
- Best Poster Prize, BMVC, 2007 (with Andrzej Ruta and Xiaohui Liu).
- Best Scientific Paper Award, BMVC, 2001 (with Shaogang Gong and Heather Liddell).
- Best Paper Prize, RATFG, 2001 (with Shaogang Gong and Heather Liddell).
PhD Studentships (this year's studentships have been closed for applications as of July 2021):
We invite talented and hard-working students to join us for their PhD study. From time to time, we may have studentships available, which include an annual bursary (about £17,000 this year) plus payment of tuition fees for three years. Currently we have several projects on-going, for example,
- Deep Learning for Medical Imaging
- Natural Language Processing for Tax Assessment
- Image/Video Content Generation for Personalised Remarketing
Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence 2021/22:
Built on our strong international research profile (consistently ranked in the top 100 in the world, 1st in UK for H-index and Highly Cited Papers for 3 years in a row from 2018-2020, and 3rd in UK for overall performance in "the NTU Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities", Subject: Computer Science, 2020), we offer the MSc Artificial Intelligence course with great flexibility (1 year full-time, 2 year part-time or 3 year staged study). If you are interested, apply here.
Fifteen (15) scholarships available for applicants from under-represented groups, £10,000 of each.